Diploma in Counselling
Level 5/6 accredited qualification
This diploma provides robust training developing students as ethical and professional therapists.
Exploring several therapeutic models, this diploma provides students with an integrative approach and can be tailored to those working with children and young people.
The diploma runs for two years, one half day per week (1pm-8:30pm) or two evenings per week (6-9:15pm) and the following criteria must be fulfilled for successful completion of the course:
- Certification as fit to practice-assessment & feedback workshops
- 100 practice hours gained in a voluntary settling
- Ongoing supervision with a BACP or UKCP registered supervisor (ratio of 1:8 for duration of clinical hours or a minimum of 1.5 hours per month)
- Completion of two reports from supervisor indicating staisfactory & ethical professional practice
- Successful completion of assignments and presentations
- Personal therapy hours certified by a BACP or UKCP registered therapist
- Attendance at a two day residential weekend
- Case study presentation and Q&A session
- Completion of training portfolio
- Attendance at two Professional Development workshops
- 90% attendance record required
The requirements for this course exceed others available however this course is taught at Level 6 and is designed to provide you with a high level of knowledge, clinical skills and a strong theoretical and ethical base to further develop as a competent practitioner. It is also designed to fulfil BACP's requirements for accredited courses.