Certificate in Counselling Children & Young People
Level 5 accredited qualification
This certificate provides robust training developing students as ethical and professional child therapists.
This diploma uses a Transactional Analysis model to train therapists in working with children and young people.
The certificate is a year long course and pre-requisite for the Diploma in working with children & young people.
The following are required for successful completion of the course:
- 100 practice hours gained in a voluntary settling
- Ongoing supervision with a BACP or UKCP registered supervisor with a Children/Young People specialty (ratio of 1:8 for duration of clinical hours)
- Completion of two supervisors reports indicating good professional practice
- Successful completion of assignments and presentations
- Personal therapy hours certified by a BACP or UKCP registered therapist
- Case study presentation and Q&A session
- Completion of training portfolio
The requirements for this course exceed others available however this course is designed to provide you with a high level of knowledge, clinical skills and a strong theoretical and ethical base to further develop as a competent practitioner. It is also designed to fulfil BACP's requirements for accredited courses.