Higher Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling Children & Young People
Level 6/7 accredited qualification
This higher diploma builds on the ethical and professional child therapy training gained on the Diploma offered by the Y TA Institute.
Using a Transactional Analysis modality, this higher diploma develops a highly skilled approach to those working with children and young people.
The higher diploma runs for two years, over two full days per month, and the following criteria must be fulfilled for successful completion of the course:
- Continued certification as fit to practice assessment & feedback workshops
- 200 practice hours working with children and young people (can be gained over three years)
- Ongoing supervision with a BACP or UKCP registered supervisor, specialised in Children & Young People's clinical work (ratio of 1:8 for duration of clinical hours or a minimum of 25 hours over two years, then 1.5 hours supervision monthly)
- Completion of annual report from supervisor indicating satisfactory & ethical professional practice
- Successful completion of assignments and presentations
- Case study presentation and Q&A session
- Completion of training portfolio
- Attendance at two Professional Development workshops
- Optional therapy requirement for those wishing UKCP registration
- 90% attendance record required
The requirements for this course exceed others available however this course is taught at Level 6/7 and is designed to provide you with a high level of knowledge, clinical skills and a strong theoretical and ethical base to further develop as a competent practitioner. It is also designed to fulfil BACP's requirements for accredited courses.