Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling with Children & Young People
Level 6 accredited qualification
This diploma provides robust training developing students as ethical and professional child therapists.
Using a Transactional Analysis modality, this diploma provides students with a flexible, integrative approach to those working with children and young people.
The diploma runs for two years, over two full days per month, and the following criteria must be fulfilled for successful completion of the course:
- Continuous certification as fit to practice assessment & feedback workshops
- 200 practice hours working with children and young people
- Ongoing supervision with a BACP or UKCP registered supervisor, specialised in Children & Young People's clinical work (ratio of 1:6 for duration of clinical hours or a minimum of 40 hours over two years)
- Completion of an annual report from supervisor indicating satisfactory & ethical professional practice
- Successful completion of assignments and presentations
- Personal therapy hours certified by a BACP or UKCP registered therapist
- Attendance at a two day residential weekend
- Case study presentation and Q&A session
- Completion of training portfolio
- Attendance at two Professional Development workshops
- 90% attendance record required
The requirements for this course exceed others available however this course is taught at Level 6 and is designed to provide you with a high level of knowledge, clinical skills and a strong theoretical and ethical base to further develop as a competent practitioner. It is also designed to fulfil BACP's requirements for accredited courses.